24285: (comment) kathleen : new book and Farmer

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>
    shows for Haiti in London (fwd)

Yesterday, my niece bought me three books at a local bookstore, as an
advance birthday present because I shall be in Haiti on that date.
One of the books was LET HAITI LIVE, edited by Melinda Miles and Eugenia
Charles.

I've leafed through it, read some pages, and....
on page 330, in a reference to Dr. Paul Farmer.."...runs a clinic in HINCHE,
in Haiti's Central Plateau."  No, no, no.
Why can't they get this right?  Partners in Health is in Boston, Zanmi
Lasante is in CANGE, also in the Central Plateau, but a good two hours drive
south of Hinche, the capital of the Central Plateau, with 50,000 residents
compared to Cange's much smaller population.  Cange is also the locale of
the "nearby Peligre electric power station," the reservoir of which was made
by flooding out the farmland of Cange (the TiKay and GrandKay of Farmer's
AIDS AND ACCUSATION).

    While it may seem like nit-picking, nearly all of the contributors are
from the Boston area, and certainly should know the difference  between
Hinche and Papay (sorta like the difference between  Boston and Randolph).

Kathleen Burke