24320: Kathleen (ask) two more questions re LET HAITI LIVE Re: 24285: (comment) kathleen : new book and Farmer (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

1.  Three of the footnotes cited on page 334,  #s 37, 38 and 39, are missing
from Tom Reeve's article's bibliography on p. 342.  I am especially
interested iu #39 "A Haitian public health activist," can Miles or Reeves
supply the footnote text 37-39?  Mesi davans.

2.  Citing "Economy Professor Georges Werleigh," footnote #2, Melinda Miles
on p. 122 writes:  "However there was a railroad system operating in the
country...from eleven regional centers."   My copy of  THE WHITE KING OF LA
GONAVE contains a photo plate of the railroad running through Port au
Prince, and I remember a Haitian man (maybe professor, maybe engineer) on
the radio 2000-01 who was trying to bring the railroad back.
Does anyone know who it was, if it is possible at least partially, or
anything else about this distributed network?  Certainly, killing the
railroad and changing to "all roads lead to Port-au-Prince" has been
devastating for the country.  Mesi davans.  kb