24949: Saint-Vil (Announce) Canada-funded "Justice" Leaves Legitimate P.M. Near Dead (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Letter to Canadian prime Minister Paul Martin:

Mr. Prime Minister,

Please find below an account by the Haitian Lawyers Leadership Network of
the kind of "justice" that the Canadian government is sponsoring in Haiti,
following the February 2004 coup against the constitutional government then
led by President Jean-Bertrand Aristide and Prime Minister Yvon Neptune
(currently near death).

Prime Minister Martin, do you still stand by your incredible December 2004
claim that "there are no political prisoners in Haiti"? Will you continue to
stand as Pontius Pilate, washing your hands and pretending to see or hear no
evil in occupied Haiti? Yet, the record shows that all along you were kept
abreast of the criminal actions of the puppet regime your administration,
among others, forced upon the Haitian people following the racist coup of
2004?

Sir, it is not too late to do at least one right thing on this disastrous
foreign policy adventure where your imagined "responsibility to protect" has
obviously turned into an unbearable nightmare for the people of Haiti.

I do not know whether you will continue to wash your hands of all
responsibility (self-claimed or other) or whether you will finally stand up
as a true leader, conscious of his very real "obligation to respect human
life and dignity", to help set the captives free in Haiti. Whatever your
chosen path Mr. Prime Minister, let it be known that in the crowd of
Canadians, some deathened by your loud silence and disgusted by the
strategic inaction thus far, this one son of Haiti and citizen of Canada was
not among those cheering on the local executioners and their foreign
sponsors "crucify Prime Minister Neptune!".  Rather, we will continue to
call on all those associated with this imposed dictatorship to:

FREE NEPTUNE! FREE HAITI ! FREE ALL PRISONERS OF CONSCIENCE IN OCCUPIED
HAITI!

Jean Saint-Vil
Gatineau, Canada
"In this generation, we will have to repent not merely for the awful words
and actions of the bad people but also for the appalling silence of the good
people" Dr. Martin Luther King (true humanitarian and real leader!).