25284: Ginsburg (ask) travel to Haiti in coming weeks (fwd)

From: Rebecca Ginsburg <rginsbur@uiuc.edu>

I'm new to the list and new to Haiti.  A couple of questions:

1) I would like to visit in early July, but have found that Travelocity won't allow me to book tickets to Haiti, presumably because of the State Department advisory. Other sites don't note the advisory, but I haven't actually tried to book yet, so I wonder what might happen then. More generally, I wonder about the practical implications of the advisory for travel to and from the country.

2) I'm going to be in Nevis-St. Kitts for a conference and would like to go directly to Haiti from there. However, I haven't found any routing that doesn't require me to return to the US first. Aren't there regional airlines that will allow me to travel direct?

I hope to be in Haiti less than one week and am going primarily to document domestic architecture in the city and countryside.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rebecca Ginsburg
Assistant Professor
Department of Landscape Architecture