28032: Pallandre: Haiti school project

From: Laura Pallandre <lpallandre@gmail.com>

CORBETT NOTES:  Please reply directly to Laura.

Mr. Corbett,

I'm teaching 6th grade social studies at Lombard Middle School here in
Baltimore, MD.  I have been a long term substitute for a month here and
expect to stay through the end of the year.  When I came in, I was asked to
develop a curriculum for Black History Month, so I started my kids off on a
project to learn about Haiti.  Your website has been a wonderful resource.
I think we will continue on this project for at least another month or two.

I am writing to see if by chance you could help me set up a pen-pal link
with a school in Haiti.  I assume most children in Haiti are taught either
in French or in Kreyol, however I am hoping there is a way to make it work.
Any assistance you could provide would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Laura Pallandre