28226: Stines (reply) Re: 28225: Educa Vision: (reply) Re: 28184: kawolina (reply) Fwd: Re: 28171: lyall: cilantro in haitian coo... (fwd)

From: Mahalia Stines <alma.invicta@mac.com>

Cilantro is not Parsley, It is a close relative of Parsley, I asked a relative who was a caterer in Haiti for years why we don't use cilantro much in our cooking. We do use it but quite sparingly, we use it in Pumpkin soup and in spice rubs, in Haitian and creole cooking, spices are supposed to compliment the food not overpower it, that's why Haitian cooks go lightly on the cilantro, we use the stalks (coriander).

Mahalia