28226: Morse(comment) Haiti's energy future (fwd)

_oloffsonram@aol.com_ (mailto:oloffsonram@aol.com)

Basically, 70-80 percent of Haiti's population can't afford the World's  fuel
prices. It seems to me that leaves Haiti two choices:

1) Trying to figure out a solution with our friend in Venezuela, which
probably means building refineries, or,

2) trying what they call <alternative fuels>.

When considering alternative fuels for Haiti, two things come to  mind:

1) The sun, and,

2) the wind. (The Windward Passage to the north)

Would the international community be ready to try something new here?

Investment in the future with the country's economy and environment in  mind?

Is the international community up to the task?

Because of Haiti's current electrical situation, which can best be  described
as non-existent electricity, generators a burning constantly  throughout the
country. To who's advantage?

Let us try something once and for all to alleviate the energy problem at
it's core.