28241: Michelle p (reply) RE: 28232: lyall (more comment) Haiti's energy future (fwd)

bahanmana (ti_malis@hotmail.com) responding to jdlyall:

jdlyall opines:
Oh, Electricity de France has the worlds best record with Nuclear energy. Do we have uranium deposits in Haiti?

My goodness, did this thought give me a chill...

Given the security situation in Haiti, and especially considering the lax screening at PAP airport, the thought of nuclear waste hitting the market in Haiti makes me more than a little nervous. Call me a worry-wart, but the possibility of such material becoming available to individuals or groups from outside Haiti with ahhh..."sketchy" motives completely unrelated to energy production is something to consider. Unfortunately, that's the world we live in today.