28405: 28402: Hoover (reply) Select Restaurant -- Corbett adds

From: "Hoover, Julie H." <Hoover@pbworld.com>

I believe lambi was the dish for which Select was most renowned, and I
was in inconsolable despair when I learned the restaurant had closed.

Bob Corbett adds: Julie, yes, lambi was the central attraction and it was indeed delicious. But it wasn't just the food that made The Select. It was the SETTING. The old rickty gingerbread house, the lovely trees and quiet huge yard -- it was like one were in a hidden paradise. The slow service was part of the charm and one went there to pass several hours, away from the rest of the world, a neverland.... Yes, like you, I was so
very sad when it ceased to exist.