28747: Kathleen - cherie, fear in the streets of PortauPrince (fwd)

From: Kathleen <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

But, I DO have an idea of how fear wracks people in the streets of
PortauPrince. And elsewhere in Haiti.

My heart and empathy go out to you --- for more than a year I have been
agitating that these kidnappings are a good reason NOT to go to Haiti, that
some action be taken, and have been met with denial, disdain, disrespect,
demeaning suggestions for raising ransoms.  Now Bob has highlighted the
problem and people are at least acknowledging it and making suggestions. You
live there and face fear EVERY Day.

Meanwhile, the female head of PNH public relations goes to Miami for a
presentation on tourism prospects for Haiti.  Don't you agree this is
another dis, a HUGE disconnect?

Is there no authority or group or office in Haiti that will work to stop
these kidnappings? Make them stop?  Round up the perpetrators?  Follow most
of Sylvain and anonymous' suggestions?
As Tequila Minsky will bear witness, I have been a lone voice crying out
about this huge problem since last August.

You can't solve a problem until you admit it's there.
Kathleen

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.