29800: Morse (reply) Holmsted plus some RAMBLE (fwd)

 oloffsonram@aol.com

I found your comments on Madame Montas a bit over the top. I'm trying to think back a bit... They shot her husband and she tried to keep the radio station open... then on Christmas Day they shot at her and killed her body guard... and now if I get this right, you think she's not running around accusing people to your satisfaction? What were you asking of the judge? You wanted him to stick around and get shot too? My, my, my, aren't we brave from where we sit.... in Creole they say "Attension pas capon", "being careful is not cowardly".

By the way, I hear some one recently lost their professorship.

Maybe some one can help me out on this.. I've heard "A" has gangs, I've heard "EP" has gangs, and I've heard "AA" has gangs. I've also heard PNH has gangs. Now if a gang member gets killed or arrested in a law enforcement operation, won't the head of the gang just replace the fallen soldier?

Is Cite Soleil a symbol of the Haitian Masses? Does Cite Soleil represent the plight of the Haitian people? If a gang in Cite Soleil wants something can we assume that the Haitian masses (throughout Haiti) want that same thing? Are the interests of the rural Haitians the same as the interests of urban Haitians? Are the interests of planters the same as the interests of vendors and commercants? Are the interests of vendors the same as the interests of drivers?

I drove down Route Nationale the other day, in front of Cite Soleil. Pretty ghostly. A few tap taps. A few people on the side of the street. Very grey. Tire smoke residue everywhere. I was stopped by an African UN group. They made me get out of the car. All they found was fresh basil in the back seat and I was on my way. It was the first of January, 2007.

After Cite Soleil I drove in front of Croix Bossales. Now there's a place that needs sweeping. The folks in the t-shirts that sweep Canape Vert RD are doing a wonderful job but why are they ignoring Route Nationale in front of Croix Bossales? Now thats a job that needs doing. Plastics seem to dominate the litter. Plastic bottles and those little plastic water sachets. No recycling on the horizon.

Had some tourists visit the hotel a couple of days ago. They were most impressed by the piles of garbage in Port-au-Prince. They seemed to be "world travelers" but they couldn't remember a place with quite so much garbage.