29897: Labrom announces the death of Patrick de Verteuil (fwd)

from voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

I don't think I have seen this posted on the Corbett list but a strong supporter of the Corbett List, Patrick de Verteuil from Abricots in the Grand'Anse died the other week. He was on his way to Jeremie by boat and was vomiting and so they took him to the hospital in Jeremie, and he died there of a heart attack.

It's very sad as he will be missed on the Corbett List for his very apt and sensible remarks on Haiti. He had lived here for a long time and together with his wife Mica, did a fabulous job for that whole area of Abricots.

She's involved in Mountain Schools and of course organises the wonderful appliqué tablecloths and other artisanat which employs over 400 people. If any of you would like to send her your condolences her email is Patrick's  <pdeverteuil@yahoo.com>

Jacqui Labrom

Voyages Lumière SA
Journeys for the enlightened traveler
email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com