29971: Morse: Ramble

oloffsonram@aol.com

I don't understand why Sprague finds it odd that some one could be critical of the Latortue government AND the Aristide government....I don't hear many complaints about the crack down on gangs by the Haitian Police and Minustah...perhaps its because I live in a bourgeois Red Zone....the collateral damage is awful but no less so than the violent culture perpetuated by the gangs.... Haitians in general are tired of the insecurity and they want it to stop now.... Sprague and his buddies seem to feel that gangs are inherent to attaining a democratic environment in Haiti, especially for the disenfranchised.... Perhaps Sprague should start a gang in his home town, kidnap some folks, torture some folks, extort some folks and then do an analysis of the general public's reaction....On another note, if Chavez really had B*lls he would legalize cocaine and once and for all create more transparency at ports and banks in the Hemisphere.... Here we are, all pretending that this multi billion dollar enterprise doesn't exist and that it doesn't affect our governments, politicians, police, banks, taxes, businesses..... How about some accountability????

Its Carnival time in Haiti...Most bands have their songs out... The Ministry of Culture still feels that financing DJ's is the culturally appropriate thing to do...Some one said that Aristide is the one that came up with financing these DJ's because they could play the popular songs without having to hire the popular bands...Manigat, in his four short months as President, came up with and formed the Ministry of Culture back in 1988.... Franketienne was the first Minister of Culture...I wonder what his opinion is on the cultural relevance of DJ's on Champ de Mars instead of "Ban a Pieds" and musical groups... If a Texaco gas station wants to hire a DJ and throw a party, no big deal, but seriously....The Haitian Ministry of Culture???