29973: Miksic (comment) Re: From Lance Durbin's Manutech website.

From: joy.miksic <joy.miksic@bioanalyticalsolutions.com>

Is anyone else appalled?

 "Not all offshore locations are similar, and comparing the minimum DAILY
wage for factory work in three countries in this hemisphere reveals a huge
differential:

MEXICO

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

HAITI

US$ 12.50

US $ 5.13

US$ 1.62

These comparative rates EXCLUDE fringe benefits (productivity incentives,
maternity leave, vacation, severance pay, overtime, sick leave, etc.) which
are typically a bit less in Haiti. Over the years, by paying a bit over the
minimum in Haiti, we have maintained excellent labor relations in our
non-unionized plant. A generous profit sharing program and an open-books
policy has helped maintain our reputation as one of the better employers in
Haiti. "