30078: Kathleen (reply to Paul Bick) (fwd)

From: Kathleen Burke <kathleendantor@verizon.net>

While there may be some to whom hell is the attraction, as you say, they are the ones to go to Cite Soleil. They don't take trips with Jacqui Labron. I knew a professor who brought people on tours to Cite Soleil, when it was safer. I found the practice despicable, treating people like those in a zoo. I don't know if you have ever been to the Southern Peninsula, but beyond Jacmel (2 hours drive from PauP)it is many hours further before you hit beautiful beaches, waterfalls, ancient ruins and pictographs. For me for over two years, it WAS about the culture, art, and the beaches. I haven't gone back since May 05, when I desperately needed to call a cop and of course couldn't. Three 15 yr old Haitian boys and an 82 year old man protected me, bless them, but, as it really is about the art, good people, lovely countryside, and beaches for me, I won't go back until hell freezes there.

Kathleen