30126: Karshan re: Aristide and Corbett list (fwd)

From: MKarshan@aol.com

Obviously many people are vested in the idea that the Corbett list is
critical to Aristide.

I personally love the Corbett list myself (and am very appreciative of all
of Bob's hard work), but could someone explain what about the Corbett list
would  make it critical to Aristide.

Articles and reports can be found elsewhere, although it is convenient to
read them on Corbett list.

Many discussions on list are irrelevant to current realities in Haiti, and
are rarely about the same things that people in Haiti are preoccupied  with.

Most of the suggestions that folks make, I'm sorry to say, are things that
are already underway or have been tried or have already been heavily discussed
in a public forum in Haiti.

And most questions are about things that have already been discussed at an
earlier time. It is always good to search the earlier posts, and it's a shame
that the list is not searchable for the most recent years -- that would have
been an invaluable tool as well.

For Haiti interest folks, the Corbett list is fantastic and is a good
networking tool and a wonderful community with varied ideas, and certainly is a way
to reach many quickly.

And for new Haiti interest people it is a critical tool for learning or
connecting with others.

And for the rest of us, with big fat egos, we like to think that Haiti
policy is driven by our views and comments and attacks that we post on the Corbett
list.

Sometimes I wonder where other, maybe more constructive, discussions  on
Haiti may be happening on the net or via email groups...

But seriously, what, in your view, makes it so critical that you think
Aristide would need it monitored, pray tell!

Ms. Karshan

http://www.aol.com.