30127: Anonymous Re: 30121: Deibert (comment) MINUSTAH and St. Marc? (fwd)

Michael Deibert, like many others who hate Aristide and Lavalas in general, seems to have an obsession with anything that even has remotely a Lavalas stamp on it, good or bad.

The jury may still be out on the issue of La Scierie (St-Marc). But some things are now clear, Michael: there were two groups fighting for control of the city; those who won were anti-Lavalas; there was no genocide; both sides committed atrocities.

Haiti, Michael, is a country that needs healing more than blunt anti-lavalas partisanship. All efforts at trying to prove that Aristide and Lavalas are devious may play well on this list and in many other places. Nonetheless, there is more gray in the whole story than you wish for us to believe.

In my personal and uneducated opinion, based on my observing the situation (past and present) it seems after all that the chimeres are of all stripes, intellectuals and uneducated, rich and poor, journalists and opinion makers. Maybe that's why I liked so much, Alex Dupuy's "The Prophet and Power". It is a much more balanced engagement on the Aristide issue than what had been demonstrated in another's work about this very subject.

I'm only writing this because I believe, there is so much work that needs to be done on and for Haiti, that I am at this point completely tired, of what is transpiring as the anti-Aristide and anti-Lavalas obsession of Deibert & Co. It's just sickening.