30363: Makendal (announce) 101/22...Hunger Strike In Little Haiti...The World Is Watching Now. (fwd)

From: Makendal <makendal30@yahoo.com>

Please forward to Radio, TV, Internet Sites... all media...NOT JUST IN FLORIDA...ALL OVER THE WORLD. SEND TO OFFICIALS AND TO CONGRESS/PARLIAMENT.

Let the voice of the voiceless be heard.

  Join the Movement

  Become 1 Voice, 1 country, 1 community, 1 cause for 1 solution
  Equality

Henry Petit-Homme is on the 6th day of his hungry strike. In an effort to bring more attention to the plight of Haitian Refugees when they reach U.S. soil and as a show of solidarity with the many Haitians, including the recent 101 who landed in Hallandale Beach (soon to be repatriated back to Haiti)... Henry Petit-Homme is taking a stand...and we are asking all people, cross culturally to stand in unity with us on Wednesday, April 11, 2007!

101 Haitians risked their lives at sea on a boat for 22 days to make it to these shores.

  101 Haitians/ 22 days
Now...101 Artists will give back to the community and stand in unity with the movement.

THIS WILL NOT BE A CARNIVAL, PARTY, POLITICAL PLATFORM OR RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION SHOWCASE, BUT A UNIFIED CROSS CULTURAL STANCE OF HOPE AND UNITY AS WE SUPPORT HENRY PETIT-HOMME...A FATHER, BUSINESS OWNER AND FORMER AMERICAN MILITARY OFFICER WHO IS TRYING TO SHED INTERNATIONAL LIGHT ONTO THE SUBJECT OF WET FOOT/ DRY FOOT POLICIES REGARDING HAITIAN REFUGEES AND HUMAN RIGHTS!

  Where:
  The Episcopal Church of St. Paul des Matire
  6744 N. Miami Ave. Miami , Florida

  When:
  Wednesday, April 11, 2007 at 5:00 PM until

  Personal Testimony from Henry Petit-Homme
wHY HE DECIDED ON A HUNGER STRIKE...HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SO FAR...WHAT DOES HE HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH...HOW MUCH SUPPORT HAS HE RECEIVED...

  “Your experience will be an encounter worth dying for” -  M.C. M

“It’s not just about pride, It’s about saving a nation HAITI "-Jean Ricot Mareus

"I am Haitian not only because I was born in Haiti but because Haiti was born in me"-Makendal

They Don’t Know-by Makendal (for the 101 Haitian brothers and sisters who spent 22 days at sea and recently arrived at Hallandale Beach into the arms of an unfair wet-foot/dry foot policy)

  They don’t know
  that 101 wet foot thoughts of despair have ridden
  the waves of hope to get to this dry land garden
  American Eden WITH HEARTS THAT ARE HARDENED
  only to have the past whips and chains of present-day
  American Antebellum
  segregate them and return them back to a desperate fate
  without even a taste
  from the plate of the American pie and the American dream.
  Pharoah, let my people go!

This poem is for my brothers and sisters filled with blisters who by boat crossed the seas,
  and all of my brothers who see the shores of Miami and Hallandale
  as their personal Lady Liberty,
  the mothers grasping wrapped babies in blankets,
  around them waves constantly crashing,
the children who have left their homes before the sun woke up to again shine the light of pain into their eyes, tired of political lies and alibis,
  young black men who sought a better tomorrow
  only to have to be returned to a situation of sorrow,
  They only want to be considered like a human,
  like a Cuban
  as they sit in Boys Town Border Patrol Krome Detention centers
  with wet feet on dry land but still not allowed to enter
  while they sit and wonder
  if they caught any attention...yes, they're asking
  why are they called boat people and Cubans are called Refugees?
  Could it be because of American policies
that are trying to castrate Castro by accepting Cuban castaways while sending our people to oceanic catacombs, or could it be racist cataracts blinding Americans from seeing the ethics of their popular peculiar ocular way of viewing Ayiti?
  Cuba Libre...tu ocupas un sitio especial en mi corazon,
  don't let me stand alone!

  A hunger strike by Petit-Homme threatens to take another life,
  while silence continues to be married to a devil may care wife.
How long will our officials hide in these burning bushes while eating spoiled rice,
  on bended chained knees that restrict Haitian upward mobility?
So many personalities within our communities caught in their own narcissistic image they have lost the road of the pilgrimage,
  still stuck on chyen manje chyen dog eat dog sacrilege.

We don’t know can’t see that churches should come together no matter religion and denomination to stop the abomination
  against our people who make it to dry land,
  there is no difference between a Haitian and a Cuban
  political problems and social issues in both lands.
  Politicians, leaders and activists
  should be fingers balled up like David into one fist
  to strike down these Goliath policies,
one voice like Gideon’s trumpet to blow the conch shell of our international Maroon Cimarron voices into the winds of change.

  M’ap viv tankou youn mò
  zombie san simityè,
  depi’m vinn isit kolonn vètebral mwen ap trase youn vèvè
  anbas youn tonèl injistis!
  Yo pa konen ke kè kap bat nan lestomak mwen se youn tanbou
  ke Papa Desalinn te fè mwen kado;
  ke lanmou peyi-m melanje ak ni amen ni abobo,
  pwezi-m se youn mato! Yo pa konen!

  Avanm mouri Ayiti cheri mwen ta renmen wè’w kanpe anko
  ou gen pitit pitit-ou ki fet nan lot peyi ki konen ou vlope nan kwashiòkò
  ak zot ki gen espri koridò
  sa ki nan kochma, sa ki anba dra, ki wont pou yo di ke yo se ayisien,
  sa ki ap nouri nan tete ameriken
  youn jou wa va kanpe pi wo pase stati la libète
  epi se fanm sa ka va leve tet li pou li gade
  ou mem fanm ki rele Ayiti Toma

  Haiti if you can hear this,
  tanpri souple si ou tande’m ap rele
  answer my tears with your lambi shell,
  blow your conch from your Citadelle
  stand firm during these hurricane times like a strong oak and palm tree,
  please believe me
  na pote-w sou do like Atlas carried the world
  you, my mother, my country, my diamond and pearl!

  Makendal
  4-9-07
  Haitian poet, motivational speaker.
  Makendal30@yahoo.com
  www.themaroons.net

One day there may very well be boats of refugees GOING BACK to Cuba and Haiti to rebuild their land hand in hand.
  -Makendal

I am Haitian not only because I was born in Haiti but because Haiti was born in me.
  - Makendal

Makendal

"I am Haitian not only because I was born in Haiti but because Haiti was born in me."
  www.islandfaith.com
  www.THEMAROONS.net
  http://www.prodgentpromos.com/int_maroons_P1.htm
  www.poetrytelevision.com