30509: loccm (reply) Re: 30508" Pierre (Comment) Re: 30503: (fwd)

From: loccm@aol.com

Re do gooders:  I thank you for your response and do agree with you, those in need should at least try to help themselves.  I have been working in Haiti since 1971, the year Jean Claude became president.  With God's help we have drilled over 100 wells because we know that some communities suffer from ilnesses caused by bad water.  We established 31 schools teaching about 2,000 students and have 32 churches.  We have bought and distributed tons of rice a month as well as other food as we are able.  We have two orphanages and hold free clinics in remote vullages.  I am fortunate to get to visit many areas of Haiti and do try to concentrate my efforts where we feel that the need is greatest.  Thank you for calling me a "do gooder" believe me I have been called much worse by some who wanted more than I could give.  I have made my life's work in Haiti and plan to live there as long as God gives me strength.  What do you do?  Do you live in Haiti or in  another country.  I will appreciate any other advice that you will be kind enough to offer and do think that your suggestion was very appropriate.  John