30658: Rigdon (reply) RE: 30656: Nbbo (asks) Contact in New Orleans (fwd)

From John Rigdon
jrigdon@researchonline.net

How do I get in touch with the Haitian community in New Orleans??

If you're going to New Orleans, all you need to do is ask a cab driver.
From my trip last summer I found that virtually all of them in New
Orleans were Haitian.  One of them laughingly told me that after Port Au
Prince, dodging horse carriages, tourists, and trolleys in New Orleans
was a piece of cake.

Here is a church contact in New Orleans:

First Haitian Baptist Church
1723 Hancock Street, Gretna, LA 70053
(504) 365-0540

John Rigdon