30714: Head (reply) Re: 30689: Forrest (reply)RE: 30669: Kriegsman (reply) Re: 30662: Forrest (reply) RE: 30652: Kathleen (reply) 30648 (fwd)

From: chia head <hybridhippie@yahoo.com>

Dear Forrest,

I may not be the most travelled to Haiti or the most knowledgable but Haiti is my home away from home. It is a country I wish, hope and pray for on a daily basis and also a country I always have faith in. I was there during the coup and saw horrible things but I have also attended church in Citi Soleil and saw God's work up close. It is a land of contradiction and also a culture cursed with stereo-typical warfare by most developing and 1st world countries. Many times, I feel the beauty and spirit of Haiti is clouded with stories of voodoo and sacrifice. Anyone who travels there, will be hard pressed to not leave a piece of their heart and soul with Haiti. I know it has my heart. I will always love Haiti and as always.....I can not wait to go back! So yes, my personal faith in Haiti is STRONG!

Peace,
Micha