a922: Re: a912: More Questions on Bois Caiman (fwd)

From: mpierr04@fiu.edu

> Greetings again,
This is a very good issue to address. I believe that some of these slaves may have been Jews. Judaism existed in subsaharan African during biblical times. Recently it was found that some folks in the Southern parts of Africa have the Levi gene. In other words, they are the descendents of the Rabbi-priest Levi. More to the point, since there were so many different ethnic/tribal and religious groups Boukman who journeyed from the Jamaica area of the Caribbean may have been a product of all of these. The Islamic experience was strong and we need to study this as much as possible.
Best,