a1762: Re: a1752: Upset in France may spell trouble for Haiti (fwd)

From: kevin pina <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

"Defending a country supersedes everything else. This
current government that is crying today about this
artificial embargo had given the clearance for the
international community to impose an embargo (1991-94)
to satisfy individual ego not to help the country.
Today, these folks are paying the consequences of
their inconsequence. The sad part, real people are
suffering from it".

I think that an election of Le Pen would be akin to that of George Bush with
regards to foreign policy towards Haiti. The pseudo liberal veneer once
withdrawn, we now have the likes of Otto Reich and Roger Noreiga, whose
record of involvement in rightist policies in Central America and the
Iran/Contra scandal are incontrovertible. So may go the way of the
"humanist" veneer of France towards Haiti. There is a clear preference
towards supporting elites at the expense of the interests of poor majority.
Your comments reflect as much. When I have a bad tooth I will call you.

kp