a1964: Clergy Sexual Abuse (fwd)

From: Nlbo@aol.com

Dear Corbeteers,
As a practicing Haitian Catholic , I can't  ignore the issue of sexual abuse
by clergy that has been  the headlines since January.
I am wondering how prevalent  sexual abuse by clergy is in Haiti. I
understand that sexual abuse is not discussed in the Haitian setting, but
that does not indicate it does happen.
I am only hearing anecdotes. A male friend of mine told me couple years ago a
Haitian priest put 5 children in a bed and molested all of them when he was a
child.
I have male friends who have gone to Jean Marie Guilloux and told me that the
blan brothers had touched them improperly while in lines.
I have stories of seminarians who had to lock their doors so other gay
seminarians won't touch them.
I have asked my priest and people in my adhoc parish council to have an open
forum so the parishioners can talk, can express their views, but they don't
want to.
Are the news of sexual abuse in the US clergy reaching Haiti?I have not seen
the Haitian papers for the last couple weeks.
Are other parishes in North America or Europe talking about the sexual abuse
issue in the clergy?
Let me say also that Catholic priests are not the only clergy members abusing
young adolescents.
We can't ignore the sexual abuse issue  in spite of the political situation
in Haiti.
Nekita