12151: Book Review: The Haitian People (fwd)

From: Perdue and Persinos <vtandwi@erols.com>

This is in reference to a1697, same subject sent bt J. David.

The review states: "This version has a forward and historical comparison
to today's Haiti by Bryant Freeman."

According to the Library of Congress catalog the original edition was
published in 1941 ( I have that before me at the moment) with two
additional additions published in 1966,  each with a new introduction by
Sidney W. Mintz.  No reference to Bryant Freeman.

I have a particular interest in the ancient forts in Haiti so David's
reference to this subject was of special interest:  "The book mentions
all the forts which the Dessiline plan directed to be constructed in the
inner fastness of the country."

In the edition before me a footnote on page 247 lists about 8 forts but
I find no reference here or elsewhere in the book to forts other than
the Citadelle.  The footnote makes no refererce to Forts Salnave,
Dipitie, Neuf, etc.

Is there an edition of this book I cannot find reference to?  Any
suggestions as to sources of information on these old forts will be
welcome.

Thanks,

Bob Perdue