12790: Fuel for generators (fwd)

From: J.David <david@lyalls.net>

I think that the answer to this is simple. And obvious.
They used up their diesel fuel (to drive the generators)
during the world cup. Now they don't have enough fuel even
to provide power to those "kourant privé" customers who are
paying profitable rates for 24 hour a day service.

Those customers (hotels and the like) are getting about
12 hours a day service now. I know, I live in one.
EDH tells these paying customers that they have no money
to buy enuf fuel to fulfill their contracts.

> I myself have asked the question why EDH was able to provide such
> continuous
> service during the World Cup Games only to fall into a worse state
> shortly thereafter.

Any other "explanation" which relies upon conspiracies among
various business and aid agencies fail the test of
Occams razor quite severely.

its simple. there is not enough oil.

why cannot hayti buy oil for the generators?
That is a different question.