12789: relief in the bateys or in hayti or for the poverty industry? (fwd)

From: J.David <his_voidness@yahoo.com>

We've been seeing these posts about the Batey in D.R. for
years now.

It certainly seems to me that this money should be spent
IN HAITI rather than in the luxurious setting of the
Repiblik Dominikan.

ALl the labor camps are on paved roads just a short trip
from dominican towns and clinics, no?

Don't thousands of haitian cross into the DR every week
to go to dominican government clinics?
WHat? There are actually dominican government clinics? Yup.
Why do haitians cross over to go to dominican clinics?
Well, there aren't any free clinics in hayti. Even the
missionaries charge money in haiti.

So why is the poverty industry soliciting people to work
in the DR rather than in haiti?

Well, living in the DR and cruising on those nice roads out
to the labor camps is a lot easier than being in almost
any provincial town in hayti.

Hey, St Marc, hayti has no free clinic at all, for anyone.
There are NO ORPHANAGES there, the kids all must beg on the
streets.

I'm sure it is pleasant setting up orphanages in the luxury
of kenscoff or jacmel and providing 'relief' work to haitian
with good paying jobs (by haitian standards) in the luxury
of the DR.

Oh, and what nationality do children born to haitian parents
in the D.R. have?
Well, they are Haitian, they are not stateless.
But to the poverty industry that is the same thing, no?

Children born to Haitian parents in Ukraine have haitian nationality.
Children born to Ukrainian parents in haiti have
Ukrainian nationality, not haitian. Get used to it, thats the
way the world is.