12810: Re: 12851: Dorce to honorat - more on aristide's person (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 8/22/02 11:14:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time, stanley honorat
honorat <shonorat@hotmail.com>writes:

<< if you add their wealth to his salary and any gifts he has received, you
still would not come close to his current fortune. >>

See, another person who is not bothered by lack of transparency.  He knows
what Aristide's fortune is.  Will you share it with us, please?
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>as for him not "doing anything different today [than] any other haitian
head-of-state has ever done (maybe to a lesser degree)"<<
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Who said he wasn't doing anything different today than any other Haitian
head-of-state? I don't think anyone would support Aristide taking money like
the Duvaliers did (among many many others).  What is true is, no one has
proven that he is lining his pockets with the country's money.  You speculate
and guess and state as truth things you don't have facts about.  It is true
that lack of transparency lends an atmosphere where such speculation runs
rampant and I wish there would be accountability to the public.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>then is it not proper to withhold any more funds until a more trustworthy
leader comes along.<<
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Pardon me while I laugh out loud......where is this honest man?  You haven't
put one up yet.  And you haven't proven that Aristide is dishonest.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>> the fact that the elections of 200 were fraudulant and that therefore the
current government is not acceptable.<<
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This is not a fact.  This is your fervent wish but it is not a fact.  If you
were honest with yourself, you would admit that Aristide is the people's
choice.  He was then, and I suspect that if there were an election today and
he were eligible to run, he would win again.  His presidency is not
acceptable to YOU.  That is a fact, everything else you've said is vapor.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>the reference to the duvaliers brings to light one glaring difference.  it
took them 29 years to amass their fortune but it took aristide less than
half that time to amass his.<<
This is completely useless as information.  You have no clue how much money
the Duvaliers stole from Haiti (neither do I) but we know it was a lot and
what was not spent sits in a bank in Switzerland.  You also have no clue how
much money Aristide has, much less how he got it.  It sure as hell isn't from
US aid. There are more glaring differences.  There is not a dead man propped
up at the airport to warn people not to mess with the president.....remember
the good ole days?

Kathy Dorce~