13089: Burnham posts re: 13045 Canadians Welcome in Haiti (fwd)

From: thor burnham <thorald_mb@hotmail.com>

Port-au-Prince:

analysis of the Canadian government's travel advisory to Haiti, let me add
my two bits.

   Although the Department of Foreign Affairs travel advisory is highly
cautious and lends to the hysterical, I think the most accurate analysis is
that they are simply trying to cover their own asses, which i'm sure they
would say is their job. I read the advisory before i came. It is accurate in
it's reportage, but it does have that tone, doesn't it?  However, my
curiousity is piqued and i'll be sending an e-mail asking for enlightenment.
I'll forward it to the list should i get a response.
   And, like Saint-Vil, I too get less than positive reactions when i say
that i'm on my way to the Pearl of the Antilles. Of course, the worst
reaction i've seen and heard came courtesy a U.S. customs agent as I was
leaving the Calgary airport to fly to Miami. But i won't repeat what he
said, since it will just piss everybody off.