13387: Edouard -- working toward democracy

From: Felix Edouard <loveayiti@hotmail.com>

Casimir stated:

"Let's take one statement of the
lavalas people: the coup d'etat has caused the killing of 5000 people.
Be serious mister "lavalas". We cannot accept your 5000 victims because with
their government in power...."

I do not believe Michele Karshan, the official government spokeswoman
answered Casimir's question. The Truth Commission report did provide some
detail on human rights abuses in Haiti, including intimidation, theft,
murder and rape, etc.  However, this high number of people killed was not
detailed in the report. Karshan, mentions the offenders which I assume
includes the Army, Fraph and their associates...But where are the
"thousands" of victims? Where are they buried? What are there names?

Don't get me wrong, I know people died under the military..as people
continue to die today. But are these numbers grossly exaggerated for
political purposes? Has it been said so many times that people simply assume
its true?

----- End forwarded message -----