13559: Chevalier: Re: 13548: Pina: Al Sharpton revistied (fwd)

From: Reginald Chevalier <rchevalier@winstar.com>

As an Haitian Living in the states for more than 10 years, I had a the
chance to work with a group
of  haitian refugees who was (shipped) in Los Angeles from Miami. The
authorities there thought
they needed to make place for future cuban invasions.

If  I'm not mistaken, some of the African-American politician were involved
with this decision.
Some of them really blame the haitian goverment for this incredible
situation in our country
and go out of their way to push for a change and make things better for the
people.
What I don't get is the like of the Al Sharptons and the Jesse Jacksons who
take advantage
of events like the one that occured at Kay Biscayne last week in order to
self promote their
political career.

(They're like hungry hyenas waiting on the sidelines for the lyons to make
their kills and then
 make their moves.)

Why not be pro-active and do something more positive by putting pressure on
the Haitian
government to take care of their own people instead of their own bank
accounts. With a job
and money to feed their babies those poor people would think twice before
getting in a boat
and risk their life at sea and come here to be jailed like animals.

This is the main reason why there's a block on international financial aids
for Haiti.
Everyone knows where that money would end up as soon as it reaches the
country.
So, going back to Al Sharpton, thanks a lot for your support but no thanks.
Next time you
want to march for an Haitian cause go to Haiti and march in front the white
house there.
Make sure you take Jesse Jackson with you. it could make a big difference.....