16561: Allouard: Re: 16426: Mookie: the boat (fwd)

From: Philippe Allouard <allouard@libertysurf.fr>

Sir,

I might not be responding exactly to your question but here is what I know
about the PAP-Jeremie link.
A boat is sailing at 5 AM and you have to pay 300 gourdes to get your
ticket.
Duration is from 12 to 14 hours.

Another vessel used to leave around 8AM, that were actually often Noon...
This way I reached Jeremie at 2 AM, and slept on board till the early
morning, landing before the vessel sailed again to Dame Marie I think. I
don't know if this timimg is still good.

For a few haitian dollars more you can get a cabin, pretty unclean and warm
enough to please all cockroaches... but it can offer you more calm than the
crowded deck... Nevertheless, as cabins are under deck and the vessels
always dramatically overloaded with both people and goods, I would advise
you to stay on deck, saffer in case of serious problem.

To reach the dock in PAP, take Route du Wharf Jeremie on La Saline, as a
direct prolongation of Delmas... The tap-tap is 5 gourdes, and a moto taxi
will bring you to the wharf for 10 to 20 gourdes.

At those times, rains make the route du wharf Jeremie rich with deep mud
puddles,  and at the dry periods, dust is quite an ennemy there...

I had a calm sailing, but ocean waves brought movement as soon as we had
passed Petit-Trou de Nippes or the Grande Cayemite island.

I suppose fees are the same for the return trip...

Best regards,

                        Philippe