19938: Mason Re Antoine: Re 19908: US to pay Haitian Coast Guard to curb refugees (fwd)

From: MariLinc@aol.com

In the same spirit of Guy Antoine, I'd like to go a step further.

I don't only question the Haitian Refugee aspect of this Bush Administration
decision, I would like to make use of my informed imagination to ask even more
questions:

Will the U.S. be the direct "hands-on" paymaster? Does this mean that the
U.S. -- instead of the Republic of Haiti -- plans to be in charge of the Haitian
Coast Guard's administration at all levels?

How novel!

Direct take-over of a Haitian institution instead of covert take-over by
means of channeling U.S. funding through American NGOs, especially church groups!

Who needs the mess of a missionary caught shipping weapons and uniforms to
Haiti in his refrigerator -- like the guy last year!

Let's "go for the jugular"!

No more "fooling around"!

Let's get "hands-on"!

The American public could care less! Let's do whatever we please and whatever
the American public will let us get away with!

Sarcasm fully intended!

What will be next?

Take-over of Haiti's banks, like in 1914?

Take-over of land, like Mole St. Nicolas, to replace the aging U.S.-leased
Cuban military base at Guantanamo? Like Navassa Island for an American-Haitian
Elite-owned eco-tourism resort? Like La Gonave for American-Haitian Elite-owned
tourism resorts?

Take-over of extraction by American-Haitian Elite-owned companies of natural
resources located in recent years beneath the surface of Haiti by U.S. spy
satellites?

I have no specific information. I repeat: I'm just using my very vivid, yet
informed imagination.

Marilyn

Marilyn Mason
P.O. Box 181015