22710: Morse: 17 Haitians in Brighton (fwd)

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

Here we are (RAM: Vodou Nation) in Brighton (England) playing the Brighton Dome. All the audiences so far have been very enthusiastic. The Brighton audiences, however, are large (over a thousand people a show) and enthusiastic. I'm happy to be here (inspite of the weather) because of the Graham Green connection; (Brighton Rock) and the Oloffson (The Comedians). I asked some people where Brighton Rock was and some told me it was the local candy and others thought it was rock cocaine! I guess not everyone here has read the book. They did seem to know Richard Attenborough (sp?) starred in the movie.
Though we haven't come across anything or anyone Haitian during our tour,(except for Ann and her family) the public response shows how universal Haitian culture and music is. We'll be at the Hackney Empire in London towards the end of July. I'm told its a great venue.
Richard Morse