23538: Du Tuyau: Civil war and civil war (fwd)

From: ViandeMoulue@aol.com

Warning: the following is lethal. Read at your own risk but please, don't tell Latortue.

One time in the past in a rich country, there was a war between civils. They called it a civil war too.

Haiti had many wars like this and one recently in this year at the beginning of it. So, I went back to compare and understand why one country successful had one civil war, and other country weak and failed kept and keeps on having civil war. This is what I find out little bit.

In rich country, let's call it United States Great States, the North wanted to end slavery in the South, for industrialization brings more money than reliance on Black slaves for production agriculture, house cleaning, and the masters tchiki-tchikying the beautiful slave girls. So North asked South to end practice. South got mad and said no and fight begins. A long neck oogly-loking president, the Lincoln Continental car guy, waged battle with South. North wins. But guess what happened?

After North wins, they integrate rebel leaders from the South in the political process. They did not kill them or things like that despite the bloody and very, very bloody recent mess. They developed division mentality and thinking very much in the little bit, up until now today. But the country prospered because those who won knew how to win. So those who won knew that they had to concede certain things to the leaders who lost and not kill them and not shut them out of the process. Consequently, United States Great States kept on evolving and evolving and now, they big big BIG name in the world of politics.

Back to Haiti. Every time after civil war, new "revolutionaries" come along and kick those they can, and kill, and maim, and rape, and hate, and criticize, and accuse the losers of all the sins of the world of everything else. Consequentially (my English no too good), country Haiti kept and keep on enveloping more and more in the envelope of underdevelopment and things kept and keep getting worser, and worser, and worser. This is Haiti we talking about now. Did you guess? Oh oh ohhhhh!!!

Haitian politicians have no grace. They know how to beat and fight but have no idea how to conduct themselves in peace. (Kind of reminds me of something Lincoln-looking guy candidate talks now in politics United-States-Great-States). But that why is why Haitian always start all over, and over, and over again. But the engine never crancks up, he he he!! Surprise-surprise!!

Mister Latortue from Boca Raton came as president (oops, sorry, Prime Minister) and fresh from beautifl Florida county start talking about freedom fighters, Lavalas evil, Lavalas lougawou, bann baklanklan moun Lavalas yo. The man showed no grace, no nothing like that because he wanted to be political Ayatollah in Haiti with the anti-Lavalas Bible of the ex-opposition.

So now, Haiti is upside down again, but guess what? Latortue goes right back at the stupidity refusing to accept that he is largely responsible for the mayhem and mess because simply.... Yes, because simply he makes people angry, "aigri", frustrated by keeping on talking same garbage as though Lavalas was Lucifer. He refused to admit that his brand of politics has alienated even further many people who were willing to see what he would do next. So how a country like that can development? I no know with leaders like this.

He now accuse M'Beki and Aristide as masters of rebellion moun fou, "Baghdad-ist questionable". Aristide in South Africa is so powerful that even his shadow can put Mister Latortue in big trouble. That for funny, is funky-funny-funky. Worse, some other moun fou, anti-Lavalas maniac, say same thing too. "It's Aristide's fault". No one seem to have courage to accept that Latortue's government is and was too partial and its faith was predetermined for him to have lots of trouble. The guy just does not know nor can he see that the problem is not Lavalas. He cannot see that there really is a genuine need for politics in Haiti to change for ever so it become more participatory. Meanwhile, he eats and dreams thinking about Aristide and M'Beki rather than doing his job. I hope he no get an Aristide/M'Beki/Patterson-Jamaica heart-attack, he he he!!!

Well friends and foes and moun fou like me and myself, I don't feel sorry for the turtle Latortue. I feel sorry for Haiti and all her friends foreign and Haitians, obsessed with either Aristide or Lavalas. They sometimes make the read on Mister Corbett's otherwise wonderful list look like an exercise in crazy-ness.

Good luck turtle. I wish you luck with your anti-M'Beki and Aristide obsession. But on the other hand, why don't you just freaking do your job and stop worrying about shadows?

Du Tuyau, still on vacation in Gonaives.