25016: Driver: (reply) Re: 24961: Brown: (pub) Marcella paper (fwd)

From: tfd3@columbia.edu

I was interested to read THE INTERNATIONAL
COMMUNITY AND HAITI: A PROPOSAL FOR
COOPERATIVE SOVEREIGNTY, by Dr. Gabriel Marcella,
Department of National Security and Strategy, U.S. Army
War College, which was posted on the Corbett list by
Stephen Brown on May 3.

The logic of Dr. Marcella's proposal seems to be this:
"The chickens are very weak.  We should appoint a fox
to guard them."

Dr. Marcella never questions the motives of the
international community in its dealings with Haiti.
Against the evidence of history, he seems to think that
the powerful nations in the  international community
truly desire democracy and economic stability in Haiti.
That's a very foxy idea.

Tom Driver

This message has been composed or forwarded by:
Tom F. Driver
New York City
<tfd3@columbia.edu>