29808: Wah (reply) Re: 29777: Hermantin(News)Finding appraisers of Haitian paintings (fwd)

From: Marcel Wah <m_wah@studiowah.com>

Hello,

We have been working on the Haitian Art Education
and Appraisal Society, Inc., for about two years
now, and pleased to announce that our work is
near complete.

Our Mission:
HAEAS, Inc., is a non-profit professional
organization whose mission is to establish
appraisal standards for Haitian Art, and to
advance the arts through education, archiving,
advocacy, and scholarship.

In terms of fine art appraisal for Haitian art,
we recommend you visit our web site at:
http://www.haeas.org.

Our accreditation requirements for appraising
Haitian Art can be found at:
http://www.haeas.org/membership/accreditation.html.

Also, we have developed a Code of Ethics that our
trained and qualified appraisers must adhere to
and can be found at:
http://www.haeas.org/about/codeethics.html.

If you have any questions, please feel free to
contact us: haeas-info@haeas.org.

Thank you.

Marcel Wah
Executive Director
Haitian Art Education and Appraisal Society, Inc.

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

Posted on Fri, Jan. 05, 2007

ART MARKET
Finding appraisers of Haitian paintingsï Q: I
have two paintings by a Haitian artist, each of
a tropical forest scene, which I would like to
sell but, having bought them from a friend, I
have no knowledge of what they might be worth on
the gallery market. Does Action Line know of any
fair and honorable persons whom I should contact
for an appraisal?

H. R.,

Miami

ï A: We asked Virginia Miller, owner-director of
Artspace/Virginia Miller Galleries in Coral
Gables and one of South Florida's most
established art exhibitors. She said she and her
staff can appraise older, more historical
Haitian artworks. For more information, contact
Artspace/Virginia Miller Galleries at
305-444-4493 or visit www.virginiamiller.com.

For contemporary Haitian works, Miller
recommended Myriam Nader of Galerie d'Art Nader.
Nader charges $150 for an appraisal, so consider
first whether it's worthwhile; she can be
reached at 305-412-9618.

In Plantation, Haitian art expert Candice
Russell also handles appraisals. Her fee varies,
depending on how many pieces are to be appraised
and the extent of research requested, but she'll
let you know first whether they're worth
appraising. She can also refer you to
specialized galleries, if you're interested in
selling. She can be reached at 954-792-9887 or
luluchat@aol.com.

Dave vs. Carl: The Insignificant Championship
Series. ÝWho will win?
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://davevscarl.spaces.live.com/?icid=T001MSN38C07001

--
STUDIO WAH